New Year's Intentions

I never know with New Years Resolutions. Should you make one that you stick to or shoot for lots that you'll probably only stick to some of the time? Probably the former if you have any intention of keeping them, but it's been my experience that they can't be kept all the time anyway. And that's why I've put together a list of New Year's Intentions that I one hundred percent intend to keep, but not one hundred percent of the time.

          

1. Run every 2-3 days and sign up to events - My ankle's hurting at the moment so going to need to visit a physio friend and invest in a new pair of trainers in order to stick to this. But I've already signed up to a 10K in February, so off to a good start.
2. Pick three exercises to do after a run and stick to them - Have settled on sit-ups, squats and tricep dips.
3. Drink at least 2L water every day - I'm pretty good at this and it makes such a difference. But I can't say I do it every day.
4. Up the fruit and veg - At least five, but I'd like to try for seven. The evidence is all for seven; they picked five because it was too much of a jump from the national average of two to three.
5. Moisturise moisturise moisturise - This is going to be the hardest. I'm good with my face but I hate the sticky feeling (it's the same reason I can't fake tan), but it's important, so I'm going to try.
6. Learn to use my new SLR and use it - This is already going well and the brother has pointed me in the direction of some great video tutorials.
7. Travel, travel, travel - One skiing holiday in the bag and another in the pipeline but it could be time for another mini adventure this summer...
8. New music please - I'm pretty bored of everything I've got at the moment so I downloaded the NME app for Spotify yesterday and found Two Hours by Theme Park, which is my favourite song this week (their cover of Wildest Moments is pretty good too).
9. Slowwww down - Aiming for 7-8 hours sleep a night, not rushing and still being late everywhere, reading, and doing lots more loitering. Last week, I went to Borough market with my housemates, we loitered, and it was great.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment